The First-Year Advocacy Board (FAB) (est. 2005) is an immersion program for first year and transfer LGBT & Ally students to assist with the transition from high school to college and to provide support through social, academic and excursion events. Membership elects their own executive board and coordinates their own events to build a stronger sense of community for LGBT and Ally first year students.
Meetings are held every Thursday at 7pm in the Lavender Lounge, STU202C.
Previous FAB events
- Academic preparation workshops with Academic Recognition Programs
- Los Angeles excursions (e.g., Santa Monica beach day, museum visits, nights in West Hollywood, etc.)
- Participation at the Models of Pride Conference – a conference hosted at USC in October for LGBT and Ally youth
- Representation of the USC LGBT Communuty in the USC Homecoming festivities
- Coordination of the Paint Party in the spring semester
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.