Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Group (SOGI)
This group addresses life and relationship issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity. Topics are based on students’ interest and can include:
- exploring your identity
- trust and connecting in relationships
- dealing with heterosexism or internalized homophobia
- dealing with cissexism or internalized transphobia
- family and societal expectations
- faith and identity
- balancing academics with life
If you are interested, contact Bryce McDavitt, PhD at (213) 740-7711 or firstname.lastname@example.org*
Meetings are held on Thursdays from 3pm-4:30pm at Engemann Student Health Center.
*This email is not secure, so do not include personal identifying information such as your birth date or personal medical information.
New Choices (Substances Group)
New Choices is a support group for students who are reassessing their use of alcohol and/or other substances.
- Build motivation
- learn to set personal goals
- gain strategies for leading a more balanced and satisfying life
- make choices that are right for you.
Abstinence is not required. This is not a 12-step group.
Meetings are held on Thursdays from 2-3:30pm at Engemann Student Health Center.
If you are interested, contact Alise Cogger, PhD. at (213) 740-7711.