Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity Support Group (SOGI)
This group addresses life and relationship issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity. Topics are based on students’ interest and can include:
- exploring your identity
- trust and connecting in relationships
- dealing with heterosexism or internalized homophobia
- dealing with cissexism or internalized transphobia
- family and societal expectations
- faith and identity
- balancing academics with life
If you are interested, contact Bryce McDavitt, PhD at (213) 740-7711 or email@example.com*
Meetings are held on Thursdays from 3pm-4:30pm at Engemann Student Health Center.
*This email is not secure, so do not include personal identifying information such as your birth date or personal medical information.
New Choices (Substances Group)
The LGBT community has higher rates of substance abuse than the general population. New Choices is a support group for students who are reassessing their use of alcohol and/or other substances.
- Build motivation
- learn to set personal goals
- gain strategies for leading a more balanced and satisfying life
- make choices that are right for you.
Abstinence is not required. This is not a 12-step group.
Meetings are held on Thursdays from 2-3:30pm at Engemann Student Health Center.
If you are interested, contact Alise Cogger, PhD. at (213) 740-7711.